At the GEMS Our Own English High School, Sharjah – Boy’s Branch, we realize that every student is unique, and it is our endeavor to discover the genius in each of the learners we have the privilege to teach. Honing their individual talents and supporting them to be the best that they can be.
We have an open admissions policy and take great pride in offering a warm welcome to students seeking admission in different grades in our School.
We understand that joining a new school is a major event in life, which is why we ensure that our admissions process is as simple as possible.
Online registration for the new academic year commences by mid/end of September each year. Parents seeking admission for their wards must first register online. To register please follow the steps given below.
You will find the ‘Enrol Online’ option on the top right corner on the home page of our Website. Click the option to begin the application.
Select the Academic year and Grade carefully while filling the form. It's important to fill all the fields .This symbol * represents mandatory fields that must be completed. The form will not submit unless you do so.
Click proceed and your child’s application will be submitted. You will receive a SR-number in your registered E-mail ID and you will be directed to the next page.
Click on the ‘Complete profile’ option given next to the SR-number to upload the documents (given below) and also complete any pending information.
List of documents to be uploaded:
• Passport copy of the student with valid visa (first page and last page)
• Emirates ID of the student
• Emirates ID of the Father
• Birth certificate of the child
• Latest Report Card/Periodic test (not applicable for KG1)
• Attested original TC and final term report card (to be submitted to the GRE at the earliest). (not applicable for KG1)
1. Students are admitted on the basis of the performance in their previous school.
2. In Grades KG2 -11 seats will only be available if there are withdrawals.
3. Admission to Grade 11 will be based on the academic performance of Grade 9 and 10 and Pre-Board marks, admission test and subject to availability of seats. Parents are to contact the school once the pre-board marks are available.
4. Parents whose children are in India are requested to contact the school as soon as the children arrive in UAE. To enroll,it is mandatory for the candidate to have a residence visa, Emirates ID, attested TC and the Mark List.
5. Admission procedures laid down by the Ministry of Education are strictly adhered.
6. The Principal reserves the right to refuse admission to any student whose character or academic performance is not satisfactory.
1. For admission to KG 1 the child must be 4 years old by 31st March of the year in which they have been admitted.
2. For admission to KG 2 the child must be 5 years old by 31st March of the year in which they have been admitted.
3. For admission to Grade 1 the child must be 6 years old by 31st March of the year in which they have been admitted.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
1. Two copies of the student's passport with valid residence visa for the U.A.E.
2. Original Emirates ID of the student and the father.
3. Two recent photographs of the child (size 6x4 cms).
4. One photocopy of the Birth Certificate in English.(Please attach the original for verification)
5. The attested final mark list of the last examination
• The final result must be attested by the Ministry of Education of the school Zone, for the students who are coming from UAE.
• For the students who are coming from outside UAE, the attestation must be done by Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
6. The original Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate of the school last attended, duly attested as per the guidelines given below:
- For students coming from India the following order of attestation must be observed for the Transfer Certificate.
- Verification by the Education Officer of the Zone/District/Area, from where the TC has been obtained or from CBSE / State Board / ICSE.
- UAE Embassy of India
- The seal and signature of the Education Officer / Board has to be attested by the Indian Consulate in Dubai.
- Attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sharjah - U.A.E.
- For students coming from the Gulf Countries the Transfer Certificate should be attested by the Ministry of Education of that country.
- For students coming from Oman, TC should be attested by Indian Embassy of Oman, UAE Embassy of Oman and Foreign Affairs UAE.
- For students coming from U.A.E. are required to submit the original Transfer Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate of the school last attended, duly attested by the Ministry of Education.
7. Grade 2 to 8 - Attested Transfer Certificate.
Grade 9,10 and 11 - Attested Marksheet of the previous grade.
Request for withdrawal can be made online. Parents are advised to give at least a month’s notice to the school while applying for a Transfer Certificate or a School Leaving Certificate. Applications are processed only after the students stop attending school and after paying the required fee for Ministry attestations.
Parents are requested to collect the Medical Record of their ward from the Medical Room after collecting the Transfer / School Leaving Certificate.