The First Aid Training program
The First Aid Training program was conducted on Saturday,30 September 2023 at the Sheikh Zayed Multipurpose Hall and was organized by Hamilton Training. The program was attended by 27 staff members and was designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide immediate assistance and basic first aid in various emergency scenarios. The training program covered a wide range of essential topics, including:
- Recognizing and responding to common medical emergencies
- Assessing the scene and ensuring personal safety
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques.
- Using first aid supplies and equipment effectively.
- Wound care and bleeding control.
- Fracture stabilization.
- Use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
Practical exercises and simulations were an integral part of the training. We had the opportunity to practise skills in simulated emergency scenarios, enhancing our confidence and competence in applying first-aid techniques in various real-life situations. These experiences underscored the immediate impact that trained individuals can have in emergencies, emphasizing the vital role of first aid training in saving lives within communities. Additionally, the training has reinforced the importance of being proactive and ready to assist in emergency situations.